Welcome to the Kenya Power One Young World candidate application portal!
One Young World is a global forum for young people of leadership calibre and potential. Its purpose is to connect the young and bright representatives from every country to ensure their concerns, opinions and solutions are heard and taken into account by those in positions of power, that their impacts are noticed by the world’s media and making a tangible difference for society at large.
Kenya Power is proud to partner with One Young World, championing the Kenyan delegation. In 2012 Kenya Power championed 10 of Kenya’s brightest to participate in One Young World Summit 2012 Pittsburgh, USA. All ‘delegates’ graduate from each summit as One Young World ‘Ambassadors’; you can learn about the work of Kenya’s One Young World Ambassadors here: www.oneyoungworld.com/impact.
One Young World Summit 2013 Johannesburg, South Africa: 2 – 5 October
This year, Kenya Power is proud to champion fifteen of the most outstanding and impactful young Kenyans to participate as ‘Delegates’ to One Young World Summit 2013 Johannesburg, South Africa. In addition, Kenya Power will champion three Kenyan One Young World Ambassadors who have made extraordinary, sustainable impact in their initiatives or communities.
CRITERIA FOR NEW APPLICANTS (you have never been to a One Young World Summit):
• One Young World delegates are 18-30 years old at the time of the summit
• You must demonstrate leadership potential and skills
• You must show teamwork
• You must be able to show concern about and grasp of global and local issues
• You must demonstrate an ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
• You must have a commitment to volunteering or other extracurricular activity (description and evidence of tangible community impact will be required)
Kenya Power will champion those who live permanently and work or study in their country of representation, which must be Kenya. You must be able to prove Kenyan nationality and current residence.
CRITERIA FOR ASPIRANT RETURNING AMBASSADORS:
• You must show tangible, evidenced impact since One Young World Summit 2012
• You must show where and how you have worked or supported other One Young World Ambassadors (not just in Kenya)
• You must indicate how your returning to One Young World Summit 2013 will benefit your impacts at home and how you plan to engage in the longer term with incoming Kenyan One Young World delegates and other Kenyan One Young World Ambassadors
You may be contacted for further information via email or telephone, so please ensure you supply correct information. IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR RESIDENTIAL AND CONTACT DETAILS, your profile will be excluded.
Once you have completed this application, you DO NOT need to email us or anyone at One Young World with further information unless you are requested to do so.
AMBASSADORS & EXISTING CANDIDATES: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TWICE.
If you already have a One Young World candidate profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and let the team know that you wish to be considered for the Kenya Power competition, but MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE CRITERIA AND HAVE COMPLETED/UPDATED YOUR PROFILE THOROUGHLY.
Ambassadors: please update your profile and let us know via email that you have done so, and that you wish to be considered for this competition.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
A shortlist of candidates may be interviewed; we will contact you.
DO NOT CONTACT KENYA POWER WITH ANY APPEALS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. THIS IS LIKELY TO COUNT AGAINST YOU IN THE SHORTLISTING. ONLY APPLY AS INSTRUCTED ABOVE.
The winners will be announced at the beginning of August – please sit tight and wait for us to get in touch with you. If you are shortlisted you may be asked for additional information and must respond to any emails sent to you within 24 hours. Good luck!
Please note One Young World deals with hundreds of applicants all the time and cannot respond to every individual query – most questions can be answered on our website, but if we believe you have a unique issue we will endeavour to respond in good time.