The OYW Ambassador community is made up of more than 9,000 young leaders from every sector and country. The young leaders in this community range from rising talent from some of the world's leading brands to independent activists and innovative social entrepreneurs.
We believe this community is at its best and most impactful when Ambassadors from different walks of life collaborate to share skills and best practice. That's why we're launching OYWConnects, an Ambassador-led skills exchange that will connect Ambassadors from the private sector with those leading their own social enterprises and initiatives to further develop those actions.
What is OYWConnects?
OYWConnects is a peer-to-peer mentorship programme that matches OYW Ambassadors running early-stage social enterprises with OYW Ambassadors from some of the world's leading businesses.
Participants in the 6 month programme will also receive tools, resources and exclusive webinars.
Could you be a Mentor?
If you are a OYW Ambassador:
- Working in the private sector
- Keen to use your business skills to scale an impactful social enterprise
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship
You could be a perfect Mentor for OYWConnects.
What you'll do as a Mentor:
- You will be matched with a social entrepreneur and provide mentorship on a monthly basis
- You will provide them with business development support
- Ultimately you will help deliver a refined business plan
What we're looking for in Mentors:
- Experienced in business development
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours a month
- Strategic thinkers
DEADLINE: 16 APRIL
Could you be a Mentee?
If you're OYW Ambassador working on your own social enterprise or initiative and feel you would benefit from additional support, then OYWConnects can help you realise your business goals.
What to expect:
- A designated mentor who will support you on a monthly basis
- Access to exclusive webinars from OYW Counsellors
- Access to bespoke resources
By the end of the programme, you will have developed a renewed business plan to improve the effectiveness and scalability of your enterprise.
- Prospective Mentees will need to answer questions based on the curriculum’s business plan template
- They must run a social enterprise already in operation
- The enterprise doesn’t need to already be profitable – but at a point where cash flow can be procured
- Must be flexible in changing/improving their business plan
DEADLINE: 16 APRIL
What the programme will consist of:
The 6 month programme will be guided by the OYWConnects Pack which will provide useful material that will guide the mentorship process. There will be a general curriculum that is based around 8 Key Principles vital to running an enterprise. The ultimate object is a new, optimised business plan.
1) Monthly Mentorship:
Every month, the Mentor and Mentee will work either in person or online for business development support
2) Industry Expert Webinars
Every 4-6 weeks, there will be an Industry Expert Webinar hosted by a renown entrepreneur/business leader.
3) Access to Talent Pool
Comprised of OYW Ambassadors, there will be a dedicated ‘Talent Pool’ of individuals who can provide insight across various sectors & business areas upon request.
What's different about OYWConnects?
- It offers OYW Ambassadors peer to peer mentorship from those of their own age group
- OYW offers the chance of matching Mentors & Mentees from every country and every sector, including from 100+ corporate partners, providing unparalleled access to global expertise
- Having shared the OYW experience, it provides an additional layer of relatability crucial to building a supportive mentor-mentee relationship
- The programme will prove the value of mentorship and that success can be achieved without providing funding
27 March - 16 April: Mentor & Mentee applications open
End of April: Shortlisted Mentors & Mentees contacted & interviewed
Early May: OYW matches Mentors & Mentees
Mid May: Initial Mentor-Mentee consultation
June - October: Mentorship begins