I am passionate about
One Young World Managing Ambassador for Europe
I am passionate about two things.
First, developing the grassroots network of One Young World in Europe and
beyond. Second, helping to accelerate the work of young leaders in our
community. We in OYWEurope want to be impossible to ignore. In my work as
Coordinating Ambassador for London in 2015 & 2016, we made a lot of progress
towards that goal and now I'd like to see us spread our influence across
Europe and Eurasia.
When I first attended One Young World in 2013, I was deeply concerned about
the high levels of prolonged youth unemployment around the world. I remain so
today. However, given the political and economic uncertainty my focus has
moved to promoting leaders wherever I find them. The need for balanced,
informed leadership is vitally important in our world right now.
My interests include...
- Entrepreneurialism and Intrapreneurialism
- Youth Unemployment
- Technological Innovation
- Sustainable Development
- Responsible Business
- Right of access to technology for all
ActionsOne Young World 2016
@OYWEuropeOne Young World 2015
One Young World 2013 & 2014
- Elected Coordinating Ambassador for London & the South East. As part of
my role this year I have:
- Delivered a series of “local summits” featuring executive level speakers
and opportunities for our Ambassadors to pitch. These have been hosted at
Telefonica, The Beans Group, PwC and J&J. We have two further events coming
up at Unilever and Twitter.
- I’ve taken delegations to the Indonesian Embassy in London and a
British-Serbian Chamber of Commerce event.
- Chair - Global Business plenary Ambassador consultation for 2015 summit.
- Supported the launch of the One Young World Ambassador podcast, offering
Ambassadors a global platform year round to share their work from anywhere in
- Represented One Young World on London Live TV – on the topic of youth
- Secured approval from the Telefonica UK Executive Committee on a cultural
change initiative to further harness the potential of young people in the
- Project Lead for Telefonica's breakout session on Intrapreneurship at One
Young World, 2014 - featuring Pedro Padierna, OYW Counsellor and President of
Pepsi Co. Mexico; Dennis Bree, Head of Sales for UK & Ireland, Twitter; and
Chema Alonso, CEO, Eleven Paths.More here -
- Delivering a project internally at Telefonica UK to empower young people in
our business, 2014.
- Consulting Panel for Global Business plenary at One Young World, 2014.
- Speaker at Sir Richard Branson's B Team Session at One Young World, 2013.More here (skip to 22:30) -
- Co-Chair - Youth Unemployment Breakout at One Young World, 2013.