S88 is an independent and sustainable social project intended to bring passion to youths to inform and concern themselves about HIV and AIDS sufferers. Their first conference took place in the Cambodia-Japan Cooperation Center (CJCC) on March 12th, 2010. This conference brought together 300 young people in Cambodia. The aims were for them to:
- Gain knowledge of HIV & AIDS and key actions to engage people with the problem of HIV & AIDS guided by AIESEC and Yale University.
- Building their potential and social integrity
- Access to virtual materials to improve their understanding of HIV & AIDS such as documentaries, video clips, exhibition, and Action8
- Experience a sense of sympathy and caring toward HIV & AIDS sufferers
- Obtain updates and answers from regional and global speakers regarding youth and HIV issue
- Improve their social skills and create networks of socially responsible young people
With these programs, they hope that the youth of Cambodia will become more aware of and sensitive to HIV/AIDS issues and will enable them to effectively inspire others in society to act.
Keomorakot Mam also won the ASEAN Voices letter-writing competition for her letter to Barack Obama regarding the importance on Inter-Faith Dialogue. For more on this, see the Missing Millennium Development Goal project.
One Young World Limited is a Registered charity England & Wales (1147298) One Young World Limited is a company limited by guarantee (Reg. no. 06970067)