At each One Young World Summit we aim to bring together the brightest young people from every country, industry, sector and background.
Delegates are 18 – 30 years old with proven leadership abilities, many of whom have already made an impact in their home countries across a range of issues.
The One Young World Summit 2015 takes place in Bangkok 18 to 21 November.
The first step towards attending the One Young World Summit is to submit a candidate application. Applicants should display the following skills and traits:
- An evidenced commitment to effecting positive change. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
Applications to attend the Summit will open on 5 March 2015.
Once their application is accepted, candidates can book a place at the One Young World Summit 2014 in Dublin by paying their delegate fee. The delegate fee for the One Young World Summit 2014 is £2,750 (excluding VAT). Each fee covers:
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in Dublin for four nights, for the nights of 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th October.
- Catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner on 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th October and breakfast only on 19th October.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Access to the Summit.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
One Young World may recommend candidates for funding when potential sponsors have sought advice, if, for example, they are looking for a candidate active in a specific sector. We cannot guarantee any candidate that they will be chosen for sponsorship or that they will be recommended for sponsorship. The only way for any candidate to ensure that they have the funds to attend the Summit is for them to raise it independently by finding an organisation or individual to sponsor them. Sponsors can be anything from businesses, individuals, NGO's and government departments.