What is All Bar None?
All Bar None is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from every country in the world are represented at the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá.
We have selected 116 countries that have been less well represented at previous One Young World Summits. Through All Bar None, we will work closely with our partners and sponsors to find sponsorship for one young person from each of these countries to attend the Summit in Bogotá.
What does All Bar None sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for All Bar None sponsorship if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you aged 18-30?
- Are you a national of one of the 116 countries listed below?
- Do you have a passion for world issues and evidenced commitment to making a positive change?
These countries have been selected because they were represented by the fewest delegates at the 2016 Summit in Ottawa.
|Antigua and Barbuda||Armenia||Bahamas||Bahrain|
|Bhutan||Bolivia||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Botswana|
|Brunei Darussalam||Bulgaria||Burkina Faso||Cambodia|
|Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad||Comoros|
|Congo, Republic of the (Congo-Brazzaville)||Costa Rica||Cuba||Democratic People's Republic of Korea|
|Iran, Islamic Republic of||Israel||Kazakhstan||Kiribati|
|Kosovo||Kuwait||Kyrgyzstan||Lao People's Democratic Republic|
|Micronesia (Federated States of)||Moldova, Republic of||Monaco||Mongolia|
|Palau||Papua New Guinea||Paraguay||Portugal|
|Qatar||Republic of Macedonia||Romania||Rwanda|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent and The Grenadines||San Marino|
|Sao Tome and Principe||Senegal||Serbia||Seychelles|
|Slovenia||Solomon Islands||South Sudan||Sri Lanka|
|Tanzania, United Republic of||Timor-leste||Togo||Tonga|
How can I apply?
- Step 1: Please create a basic One Young World profile on our website by visiting https://www.oneyoungworld.com/summit/register and selecting on ‘Attend via a Scholarship.’
- Step 2: Once you have created a profile on our website, you will be able to apply for All Bar None Scholarship (and any other Scholarships you are eligible for) via the ‘Apply for a Scholarship’ button on the right-hand side of your profile.
The strongest applicants from each eligible country will be shortlisted between 18 April and 12 May 2017 and we will work to secure sponsorship for at least one person from each eligible country. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team after 18 April if you have been shortlisted. Please note that we cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
Please note that, due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails regarding the All Bar None selection process.
If you are not eligible to apply for an All Bar None scholarship, you may follow this link to learn more about alternative options for attending the Summit.