What is One Young World?
One Young World is the global forum for young leaders. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle.
Delegates return to their communities and organisations with the means and motivation to make a difference, accessing the global network of 12,000+ young leaders.
When and where is the One Young World Summit 2020?
The One Young World Summit 2020 will be held in Munich, Germany from 14 - 17 October. Learn more about the One World Summit 2020 here.
Who is who?
- Counsellor: A world-renowned leader who participates in the Summit as a speaker. Counsellors include Justin Trudeau, Meghan Markle, Professor Muhammad Yunus and the late Kofi Annan. See more Counsellors here.
- Delegate: A young leader participating in their first One Young World Summit.
- Ambassador: A young leader who has attended a One Young World Summit Summit as a Delegate. All Delegates become Ambassadors at the Closing Ceremony.
What happens at the Summit?
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking and workshops. All Delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. As well as listening to keynote speakers, Delegates have the opportunity to challenge, interact and be mentored by world leaders. Delegates make lasting connections throughout the Summit, celebrating their participation at social events and the unforgettable Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
How is the One Young World Summit agenda decided?
The themes are topics discussed at the annual One Young World Summit are driven by a Global Consultation Process with the wider One Young World network. Young leaders are invited to share their interests and concerns during several rounds of surveys, ensuring the maximum relevance to the issues affecting young people.
How are One Young World Summit speakers chosen?
The main speaking roles available at the Summit are reserved for our Delegate Speakers. Delegate Speakers are young leaders who are registered to participate in the Summit and then selected to speak through an application process.
Counsellors and guest speakers are selected exclusively by our board members. We do not have an open application process for these types of speakers.
How is One Young World funded?
One Young World is funded through a wide range of partnerships with companies, universities, government departments, NGOs, philanthropists and foundations. These organisations generally support One Young World by funding Delegates to attend the annual Summit. Funds raised through Delegate fees cover the costs of hosting each Summit and the year-round activities of One Young World. Learn more about our partnerships here.
Attending the Summit
How can I attend a One Young World Summit?
- Attend with a partner organisation: We partner with many of the world’s leading businesses, universities and foundations that support One Young World by sending Delegates to the Summit. If your organisation is interested in partnering with One Young World, please contact us: [email protected].
- Attend independently: You can nominate yourself to attend the Summit as an independent Delegate. The fees to attend a One Young World Summit can be found on our Pricing page. You can pay this fee yourself or find an organisation or individual to sponsor you.
- Attend on a scholarship: A range of scholarship are available to enable individuals who are not supported by partners to participate in the Summit. If you are selected for one of our scholarship places, you will not need to pay a fee to attend the Summit. To apply for one of our scholarship places, you will need to complete an online application form. We expect to announce the first of our scholarship programmes by March 2020.
- Ambassadors are eligible to attend each One Young World Summit as a Returning Ambassador for a discounted fee, which can be found on our Pricing page.
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
You are eligible for a scholarship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 - 30 at the time of the Summit
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
Please note that scholarship places are very competitive; last year we received 50,000+ applications for just 440 places. We therefore recommend that you check out our Top Ten Application Tips before you submit your application.
How much is the Delegate fee?
The fees to attend a One Young World Summit can be found on our Pricing page.
What is included in the Delegate fee?
Delegate tickets include full access to the Summit, catering during the Summit days, accommodation (shared, private or no accommodation - depending on the chosen package) and ground transport between Summit venues.
Travel costs incurred from travelling to the Host City are not included in the Delegate fee.
Where can I find my registration code?
Registration codes are provided to Delegates who have been approved to attend a Summit. Once a Delegate’s place is confirmed, they will be automatically sent a registration code via email.
What is the age limit?
Delegates who participate in the annual Summit tend to be aged between 18 and 30 years old. 30 is not a hard limit, however, and we absolutely do still welcome Delegates that are older.
We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Who partners with One Young World?
One Young World partners with 190+ global businesses, NGOs and educational institutions. Leading companies from every sector make One Young World an integral part of their global talent development, retention and attraction strategies. Companies increasing their level of involvement each year demonstrate their ever-growing commitment to young leaders. Companies sending Delegates include Accenture, Audi, BMW, BNP Paribas, Chanel, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Facebook, GE, Google, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, McKinsey, Unilever and Verizon, to name a few. One Young World boasts the largest corporate footprint of any organisation in the third sector.
More information about our partners can be found on our Partners page.
How can my organisation partner with One Young World?
The most popular way to partner with One Young World is to send a Delegation to the Summit. However, just as no two organisations are identical, no one partnership with One Young World is the same and we have a wide range of packages available. If you are interested in partnering with us, please contact us: [email protected] and a member of our team will guide you through the next steps.
How are One Young World Summit Host Cities selected?
One Young World Host Cities are culturally vibrant, youthful in spirit and forward-thinking cities that are already involved with or are looking to invest in sustainable initiatives that empower young people. We select Host Cities through a competitive bid process that analyses a wide range of qualities and capabilities.
How can a city apply to host a Summit?
We are currently in the final stages of selecting our Host Cities for 2022 and 2023, and so we are closed to accepting new bids at the present time. However, we always welcome enquiries from cities that are interested in possibly bidding at a later date. To set up an introductory call or a meeting at our London office, please contact Cathy Watts (Programme Manager for Host Cities) at [email protected].
Our formal bid process involves the following stages:
- Submission of an intention to bid letter
- Invitation to attend that year's One Young World Summit, with a tailored programme for Candidate Host City guests
- Submission of full bid documents
- Site inspection visit from the One Young World team, followed by submission of any final refinements to the bid documents
Who are One Young World Ambassadors?
At the end of the Summit, Delegates become One Young World Ambassadors. They return to their communities and organisations with the means and motivation to make a difference, accessing the global network of 12,000+ young leaders to accelerate existing initiatives or establish new ventures.
Between Summits, the One Young World Community participates in an ongoing programme of opportunities including caucuses, funding, peer-to-peer mentoring, media exposure, and speaking engagements.
Since 2009, more than 20.9 million people have been impacted by One Young World Ambassador-led initiatives. Learn more about One Young World’s impact here.
Who are One Young World Coordinating Ambassadors?
Coordinating Ambassadors are selected from our Ambassador community to take the lead and support their regional One Young World Community. They work to sustain the momentum after each Summit, organising events, tracking the impact of individual Ambassadors and making useful connections between them.
Learn more about our 2019 - 2020 Coordinating Ambassadors here.
How can I connect with other Ambassadors?
Our Community team works year-round to spark connections between Ambassadors who can further empower each other. If you are an Ambassador looking to connect with another member of the community, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and we will try to make an introduction.
How can I contribute to the One Young World blog?
If you would like to submit a blog post, please contact [email protected] with your proposal.
What do I do if I have forgotten my password for my One Young World profile?
How can I update my profile information?
Log into your One Young World profile here. Please click on ‘update profile’ to update your profile fields or ‘edit account’ to update your email address or password.
How can I delete my account?
Please email [email protected] and a member of the team will be able to delete your account and all of your information.
For all media enquiries, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 207 199 2200
If you have another question that has not been answered above, please contact [email protected] and a member of the team will be able to help.