The Commission of the African Union, through its Youth for Peace (Y4P) Africa Program of the Peace and Security Department will appoint African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP), one from each of the five regions of Africa.
Criteria and Qualification
An African Youth with demonstrated commitment and significant contribution to the promotion of sustainable peace and security. Applications from eligible youth including young women, displaced persons and persons with disabilities who meet the following criteria are particularly encouraged:
- Be between the ages of 15 to 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age;
- Possess university degree in international relations, peace and conflict, political science, law and related areas; a master’s degree would be an added advantage; or
- Have at least 2 years experience in peace and security with demonstrated ability for advocacy on youth, peace and security issues as well as resource mobilization;
- Have experience in promoting and supporting peace processes especially in initiating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues and mediation efforts;
- Have a strong track record with the local community/area where he/she works;
- Possess strong communication and advocacy skills;
- English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is required; knowledge of another AU language would be an asset.
Learn more and apply using any of the four African Union Official languages by following the buttons below: