The Fellowship Program includes three distinct portfolios:
The Black Male Achievement (BMA) Fellowship supports leaders dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States.
The Climate Fellowship supports leaders, from anywhere in the world, committed to mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
All Fellows receive:
- Two years of support and leadership development through a dedicated portfolio manager
- $80,000 in unrestricted funding for individual Fellows and $90,000 for partner Fellows
- A health insurance stipend and yearly professional development stipend
- Networking gatherings and access to pro bono partnerships
- Support from Echoing Green secular chaplains
- Access to a network of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders
- including the global Echoing Green Fellow community of 800 Fellows
Fellowship Selection and 2019 Selection Cycle
Every year, we host an open call for applications via our online portal. By the end of the process, Echoing Green awards up to 30 Fellowships.
- Fellowship Application Opens: October 2018
- Finalists Interviews in New York City: April 2019
- 2019 Fellows Announced: Summer 2019
- The applicant must be over 18 years old.
- Fluent in English.
- Be able to commit a full 40 hour work week to their organization.
- The organization must be the original idea of the applicant(s).
- In its start-up phase (usually within the first two years of operation).
- Independent and autonomous.
- An organization can be either a nonprofit, a for-profit, or hybrid.
- An organization does not have to be run by one individual. Partnerships can apply for a Fellowship.
- Organizations still in the idea phase are eligible.