Benjamin Lee is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor. He has founded 7 companies (two of which have been acquired) and invested in 5 others in the past 10 years.
Ben is passionate about entrepreneurship that disrupts economic inefficiencies and improves people’s lives in meaningful and tangible ways. He is a firm believer that this generation of young people have immense capacity to be job creators rather than job seekers. He is particularly supportive of aspiring entrepreneurs who have experienced failure, but continue to be undaunted in their pursuit of their purpose.
This year Ben will provide one budding entrepreneur the opportunity to take part in the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia from 4 to 7 October. In addition to attending the Summit, the scholarship recipient will receive ongoing mentorship from Ben to help them continue to develop their entrepreneurial project(s).
Benjamin Lee – One Young World Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 and 7 (inclusive) October, 2017
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá, Colombia (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Ongoing mentorship from Benjamin Lee
- Candidates must be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of 2017 Summit
- Candidates must be nationals of Singapore
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A passion for local and global issues
- Social or environmental impact through entrepreneurship
- Capacity for innovation
Application deadline 1:00pm BST, 1 August