About the British Council Scholarship
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
Since 2009 the British Council’s Active Citizens programme has provided social leadership training to more than 200,000 young leaders in 68 countries. This year the British Council is delighted to support two Active Citizens alumni to continue their leadership journey by participating in the One Young World Summit 2019 in London from 22 – 25 October. The successful applicants will join 2,000+ fellow young leaders from 190+ countries for four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking, and workshops. The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to apply to give a keynote speech, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance.
What does the British Council - One Young World Scholarship sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 25 (inclusive) October 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- This scholarship is intended to support young leaders who demonstrate:
- Commitment to delivering positive change
- Strong capacity for leadership
- A passion for key local and/or global issues
- A track record of generating and implementing impactful and innovative solutions that address the sustainable development goals.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the time of the Summit
- An alumnus of the British Council’s Active Citizens Programme.
A national of one of the countries listed below.
- South Sudan
Please note that you will be unable to save your responses in the submission form. With this in mind, we recommend saving your responses first in an offline document before submitting your application.
Tips for applying: check out our helpful guidelines for submitting a successful application.