About Caroline Mutoko
Caroline Mutoko is a One Young World Counsellor, the CMO of Radio Africa Group and a leading Kenyan media personality with a radio career that spans more than 15 years. Caroline is, without doubt, the first female broadcaster to command the morning airwaves with a mix of love, charity and brutal honestly for the issues that affect Kenyans most.
Caroline believes that now more than ever, media must look at where Kenya needs to be, where Kenya needs to go and actively and boldly pursue after the conversations, personalities, issues and topics that allow that reality to unfold.
Continuing her support for One Young World and as Co-Chair of the Kenya Local Organising Committee, Caroline has dedicated a scholarship to support one young Kenyan leader to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018, The Hague.
What does the scholarship include?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue and airport transfers
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague
Who can apply?
- Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- A current resident of Kenya, with a plan to remain in Kenya for the foreseeable future. You will be asked for proof and references – please do not apply if you are studying or living abroad!
- A first time applicant (so not a One Young World Ambassador already)
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to creating positive change in Kenya. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Proven leadership ability
- Concern for local and related global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- Demonstrated teamwork
- Be able to highlight why youth are so critical for the future of Kenya and Africa
Please note that only first-time applicants will be considered for this Scholarship opportunity (those that haven't attended a One Young World Summit previously)
Application deadline: 16 May 2018