About Action Accelerator
The Action Accelerator is a post-Summit programme for 2021 Munich Delegates and Returning Ambassadors aimed at maintaining One Young World’s impact-driven spirit. The Accelerator takes place over 6 months, during which participants join monthly 1.5hr sessions aimed at bringing their ideas to life.
Throughout the programme, experts from various fields will serve as mentors, coaches and consultants who help support the participants’ growth and goals. Their expertise will range from business development and project management to pitching and storytelling. Each session will be interactive, with breakout groups based on participants’ passions and needs, and help participants establish a support system that lives beyond the program.
The ultimate goal of the Accelerator is to allow the One Young World community to further develop their leadership skills and bring lasting change to life.
How it will work
- The programme is entirely virtual.
- In total, we will be hosting 6 sessions.
- Every 4-6 weeks, we will host a session focused on conceptualising and delivering your initiative.
- We will be recruiting up to 40 participants as part of this pilot Action Accelerator.
- Based on who we recruit, we will look to split people into groups so that no one has to embark on this programme alone.
- Each session will be joined by an expert speaker for a keynote and Q&A session. Afterwards, we will head into group-based activities which will help move along your idea to an initiative.
Each session will offer insight into a different aspect of bringing an idea to life.
- Session 1: Introduction to the Action Accelerator
- Session 2: Vision-setting & group match-making
- Session 3: Creating an action plan & overcoming challenges
- Session 4: Operationalising your action plan
- Session 5: Storytelling for investors & customers
- Session 6: Project presentations & reflections
- Applications open: 25 July - 15 August
- Selection & notification: Late August
- Introduction session: Week commencing 13 September
- Programme duration: September 2021 - February 2022
Who we’re looking for:
- Highly motivated 2021 Munich Delegates who can meaningfully commit to the programme.
- Individuals who are passionate about driving forward sustainable impact.
- Those who are curious, adaptable, and collaborative.
- Whether you work for a corporation, SME, non-profit, or run your own business, we’d love for you to apply.
- At this stage, the programme is focused on those living and working in Europe. We don’t want to discourage non-Europe based applicants, but please be aware the speakers and content will focus on an European context.
PJ Mistry, USA
PJ is a choreographer of connection, collaboration, and compassion for each other and Mother Nature. She is American by birth, Indian by heritage, and is now based in the Netherlands. She works at Unilever as a Global Brand Transformation Manager and has lived across 3 continents, working with Unilever for the last 8 years in various sales and marketing roles.
As her "side hustle", she co-organizes the Action Accelerator - an annual hackathon for changemakers working on the U.N. Global Goals, hosted by One Young World, Enactus Alumni, the Circle of Intrapreneurs, and other like-minded organizations. She is beyond excited to bring Action Accelerator's framework & purpose to you in this custom-designed program for OYW Ambassadors in Europe!
Caritta Seppa, Finland
Caritta Seppa is the co-founder and COO at Tespack, company specialised in developing mobile energy solutions for off-grid workers, currently partnering and working with agencies such as Plan International, UNHCR and Audi Environmental Foundation. Caritta has been shortlisted by Forbes 30 Under 30, selected as one of the Top 100 Women in Wearables as well as one of the finalist winners for the Nordic Women in Tech Award 2020. Caritta currently serves as the One Young World Coordinating ambassador for the Nordics and Baltics and back in 2018, she was one of the delegate speakers on education at the OYW Summit. Her expertise lies in international relations, business development, funding and public diplomacy.
Caritta is passionate about technology and sustainable development and an invited speaker to leading tech events such as ChangeNOW, MQ! Innovation Summit, Women in Tech Summit and CogX. Caritta is also a TEDx speaker and mentor and advisor to aspiring entrepreneurs and students. She was the co-organiser of the first Women in Tech Forum in Lima and has been featured by Forbes, Huffington Post and Tech.eu.
Kristina Drenker, Germany
Kristina is the Coordinating Ambassador for Germany. As a social impact and digital transformation coach and consultant, she collaborates across industries to plant and accelerate the cultural change needed to foster sustainable development. She is passionate about supporting individuals on their personal and professional journeys and uncovering their authentic selves.
She has a background in international business management and business psychology and +5 years of corporate experience within the FMCG and healthcare industry.
Dyonne Niehof, Netherlands
Dyonne has a passion for all things political. She lives in The Hague, where she works as a public affairs & corporate communications consultant at international consultancy Dröge & van Drimmelen. She is a board member of social-liberal political party D66, Coordinating Ambassador of the One Young World The Netherlands network and chair of the supervisory board of a foundation dedicated to improving the position of women in the workplace.
Her expertise lies in public affairs, stakeholder management and corporate communication. She is an invited speaker at events such as CogX and One Young World.
Danka Markovic, Montenegro
Danka is a Service Delivery Team Lead at Accenture Operations Poland. She got a Bachelor’s degree in International relations, studying at University of Donja Gorica and American University, Washington DC. She has professional experience in marketing and more than five years of experience working in the non-profit sector. As a member of NGO SAFRA and Montenegrin American Youth Alumni Association, Danka worked on projects focusing on youth engagement, human rights, civil education and environment protection. Some of the projects were executed on the regional level - including several Western Balkan countries and supported through European Commission and US Department of State grants programs. At Accenture, together with a few colleagues,she has launched an initiative to mentor, support and empower more women to pursue leadership roles. She is passionate about women’s rights, gender equality and sustainable development.