About the event
Every individual, company and government has a responsibility to address our global waste problem. Waste carries with it detrimental effects on the environment, societies and economies. And yet in the world of hyper-consumerism, the amount of waste being produced is growing exponentially. How can we mitigate the damage and build a world without waste?
To celebrate International Women’s Day (March 8) and Global Recycling Day (March 18), we are convening the brilliant women who are mobilizing communities to tangible action: to innovate, educate and recycle our way to a cleaner and safer planet. From nanofiber technologies and waste picking to clean-tech and new forms of packaging, join us to hear about the challenges and cutting-edge solutions for building a more sustainable world.
- Ezgui Barcenas Chief Sustainability Officer, ABInBev
- Rebecca Marmot. Chief Sustainability Officer, Unilever
- Kate Robertson. Co-Founder, One Young World
- Katherine Shayne. Co-Founder & CEO, CIRT
- Rohre Titcomb. COO, Graham & Walker
- Lorena Gallardo. CTO & Co-Founder, ReciVeci
- Lenka Mynářová. Board Member, Nafigate
- Sharon Barak. CTO & Founder, Solutum
- Roza Brito. Co-Founder, Make Grow Lab
- Chioma Ukonu. COO & Co-Founder, Recycle Points
Date: Wednesday 9 March
Time: 17:00 - 18:00 GMT / 12:00-13:00 EST