How can mobility in Jakarta be improved?
The New Cities Foundation and Connect4Climate invites One Young World Ambassadors in Indonesia to enter project proposals to address Jakarta's mobility and traffic challenges. The Challenge is looking for innovative and effective solutions that;
- Improve traffic congestion
- Reduce air pollution
- Reduce GHG emissions
- Improve safety and accessibility
How can average commuting times in Jakarta be reduced? How can carpooling or ride sharing be encouraged? How can public transport use be increased? What new modes of environmentally friendly transportation can be introduced? What measures can help non-motorized vehicles and pedestrians move across the city safely and quickly?
What is the prize?
- Up to $20,000 USD in prizes to launch the project
- Access to the New Cities Foundation's global network
- Exposure in local and global media
Who can apply?
- Applicants between 18 and 35 years of age based in Indonesia
- Individuals or teams of up to 5 people
- Projects that are brand new ideas, or at the pilot/prototype stage
How to apply
Applications open on March 16, 2015. Applicants should submit a maximum 2000 words project proposal that includes: project vision, mission and description, expected impact, team presentation, relevant visuals and financial projections. Proposals should be no more than 10MB in file size. Applications must be sent in English by email to: email@example.com.
Three finalists will be selected to present their proposals to a prestigious international judging panel at the New Cities Summit 2015 in Jakarta, June 9 - 11.
8 May, 2015
More info here