The InterAction Council invites One Young World Ambassadors to join the Council’s 36th Annual Plenary Meeting held in Cartagena, Colombia from 14 – 17 May.
About the InterAction Council
The InterAction Council was established in 1983 as an independent international organization to mobilize the experience, energy and international contacts of a group of statesmen who have held the highest office in their own countries. Council members jointly develop recommendations and practical solutions for the political, economic and social problems confronting humanity.
The Council is unique in bringing together on a regular basis, and in an informal setting, members from among more than forty former heads of state or government. Council Members include: Bill Clinton, Gro Harlem Brundtland and P.J Patterson.
Serving in their individual capacities, the Council aims at fostering international co-operation and action in three priority areas:
- Peace and security
- World economic revitalization
- Universal ethical standards
The 36th Plenary
The InterAction Council selects specific issues and develops proposals for action from these areas and communicates these proposals directly to government leaders, other national decision-makers, heads of international organizations and influential individuals around the world. Over the years, the Council has received support from many governments both from industrialized and developing countries and from foundations, corporations and individuals.
For it’s 36th Annual Plenary Meeting the Council will convene to discuss:
- Durable and ethical solutions for migrants and refugees
- Smart Cities
- Human development: the Arctic, climate change and indicators of sustainability.
When and Where?
14 – 17 May 2019, Cartagena, Colombia
One Young World’s Delegation
The InterAction Council is pleased to welcome 10 One Young World Ambassadors to contribute to the 36th Plenary.
Members of the One Young World Delegation will receive:
- Participation in the 36th Plenary of the InterAction Council and associated side events.
- Accommodation in and catering in Cartagena from 14 to 17 May.
- Ground transportation in Cartagena.
- Ambassadors selected to join the delegation will be considered for specific opportunities to contribute to proceedings such as moderation & speaking roles.