Kana TV are Ethiopia’s leading broadcaster. Since 2016 they have been transforming the media landscape in Ethiopia, pioneering the way entertainment can be accessed across the country. As a revolutionary industry leader, Kana TV is proud to partner with One Young World to launch the inaugural Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholarship.
The scholarship will discover and recognise an outstanding Ethiopian young leader who has made extraordinary contributions to Ethiopia in the fields of agriculture, environment, health, poverty alleviation, human rights or education.
The award winner will receive:
- Title of Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholar.
- Profiling in Kana TV publications & channels.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 and 20 (inclusive) October, 2018.
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Candidates must be of Ethiopian nationality
- Candidates must reside in Ethiopia
- Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Successful candidates will demonstrate impact in one of the following fields:
- Poverty alleviation
In addition, the strongest candidates will demonstrate:
- Proven leadership ability
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
Apply before 5:00pm BST, 19 July
Please note that all applications must be submitted in English
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.