One Young World’s Local Organising Committee for Pakistan is proud to provide one Delegate scholarship place for an impactful young leader from Pakistan to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, 17-20 October.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis during the Summit, 17 to 20 (inclusive) October, 2018
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October and/or 21 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Who can apply?
- Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- A national of Pakistan with a valid Pakistani passport OR a valid NIC, SNIC, NICOP or POC Pakistani ID card
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in Pakistan. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Leadership ability and examples
- Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
- Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas
Application deadline 11 May 2018
About the Pakistan NYLOC
One Young World has launched a global ‘Local Organising Committee’ model. Known as NYLOCs (National Young Leaders Organising Committees’) goals include:
- Mobilise business, government and civil society leadership to send a sizeable and dynamic national delegation to the Summit
- Engage with government structures and promote One Young World as a nationally recognised vehicle to promote the impact and contributions of young leaders
- Collaborate with regional ‘Coordinating Ambassadors’ to showcase alumni achievements and impact
- Advise OYW leadership on region or nation-specific content for the Summit
The One Young World NYLOC for Pakistan is chaired by Naila Mir. Naila has 17 years experience centered around sustainable business, corporate social responsibility, employee engagement, partnerships, and strategic communications. She recently established her own not-for-profit network, P3 Collective, to help young people achieve their purpose and collectively make an impact. Naila is a passionate champion of young leaders and is working hard to support bright young talent from Pakistan to participate in the upcoming One Young World Summit in The Hague.