The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs - such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
OFID is a long standing supporter of One Young World and has enabled more than 180 young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit since 2011.
This year OFID will sponsor 15 young leaders who are active in international development to participate in the One Young World Summit 2019 which takes place in London, United Kingdom from 22 - 25 October.
To learn more about OFID and its activities please visit: www.ofid.org.
What does the scholarship include?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London.
Who can apply?
In order to apply you must be:
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries. Click here to view list.
|Afghanistan||Albania||Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina|
|Cameroon||Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Congo Republic||Costa Rica||Cote d'Ivoire||Cuba|
|El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea||Ethiopia|
|Kosovo||Kyrgyz Republic||Lao PDR||Lebanon|
|Panama||Papua New Guinea||Paraguay||Peru|
|Philippines||Rwanda||Samoa||Sao Tome and Principe|
|Senegal||Seychelles||Sierra Leone||Solomon Islands|
|Somalia||Sri Lanka||St. Kitts and Nevis||St. Lucia|
|St. Vincent and the Grenadines||Sudan||Suriname||Swaziland|
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
How to apply
Submit an online application in English before 9:00am BST 13 July 2019.
Application deadline: 9:00am BST, 13 July 2019