The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a collective channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs - such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
OFID and One Young World
OFID has been a key supporter of One Young World since our launch in 2009. OFID annually sponsors participants from developing countries to attend the Summit and has contributed significantly to ensuring the world’s under-represented and non-represented youth are present at this global forum.
Learn more about OFID’s participation in the 2014 Summit here.
Join the OFID delegation to the One Young World Summit 2015
OFID will sponsor 26 young leaders to attend the 2015 Summit that will take place in Bangkok, Thailand, from 18 - 21 November.
Delegates sponsored by OFID will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis on the nights of 18, 19, 20 and 21 November.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on 18, 19 and 20 November and breakfast only on 21 November.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bangkok.
- Access to an exclusive Breakout Session led by OFID.
You are eligible to apply for OFID’s sponsorship if you:
- Are aged 18-30
- Are a national of one of the 26 countries listed below
- Have a passion for world issues and evidenced commitment to making a positive change
- Have not previously attended a One Young World Summit
|Afghanistan||Angola||Central African Republic||Egypt|
We have selected our OFID Scholarship delegates for all eligible nations except Angola, Mozambique and Swaziland. If you are from one of these three nations you must submit your application by Sunday 25 October. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis so we highly recommend applying at your earliest convenience.
Please note: If you have already applied to attend the One Young World Summit on another scholarship or as an independent delegate you do not need to create a new application in order to be considered for OFID’s funding. Your original application will be automatically considered for OFID’s sponsorship.