About the Scholarship
The Audi Environmental Foundation actively supports research into new technologies and scientific methods for a liveable future. Its stated goal is to make a contribution to environmental protection and to create and promote ways of behaving sustainably.
The Foundation focuses in particular on promoting and developing environmentally compatible technologies, measures for environmental education and protecting the natural necessities of life for humans, animals and plants. It was established in 2009 by AUDI AG as a 100-percent subsidiary and is part of the company’s social and environmental commitment.
Scarce resources, environmental destruction, climate change and population growth – these are just a few aspects that are influencing society, politics and business. With the advancing change in social values, for more and more people, sustainability is becoming part of their outlook on life. The challenges that confront us are increasingly complex. Only by working with partners can we develop good concepts and sound solutions to successfully cope with these challenges.
Audi Environmental Foundation is therefore collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to 15 inspiring young leaders to attend this year’s One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo between 14 and 19 (inclusive) May, 2021
- Participation at the pre-event by Audi AG and the Audi Environmental Foundation on 15 May
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Aged 18 – 30
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated impact and innovation in tackling environmental challenges.