About One Young World
One Young World is the global community for young leaders. We exist to develop young leaders who are taking action to solve the world’s big challenges. It all begins with the One Young World Summit, an annual gathering of 2,000+ of the brightest young leaders from every country and sector. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Bill Clinton, Meghan Markle, and many others to harness the knowledge and skills needed for being impactful change makers.
The Summit is not just a life-changing four-day experience, it is just the start of every attendee’s journey with us. Every leader who attends leaves the Summit as a One Young World Ambassador and a valued member of our global community. This is a lifelong membership to one of the most incredible networks in the world. One Young World community works year-round to track community impact, organise events, facilitate local networking, spark opportunities for collaboration, and provide growth opportunities through mentorship, funding programmes such as Lead2030.
In 2023, Belfast will host the One Young World Summit from 2 - 5 October.
About the Scholarship
Belfast City Council has committed to sponsor 20 young leaders to participate in the 2023 Summit through the Belfast City Council | One Young World Scholarship. This opportunity is open to young leaders living and making an impact in Belfast.
Scholars will recieve
- Full access to the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place from 2 - 5 October.
- Catering throughout the duration of the event.
- Lifetime membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community.
Selected candidates will:
- Be aged between 18 - 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2023 (02/10/2023)
- Live in Belfast
- Be a current employee of Belfast City Council (permanent, temporary, agency or industrial placement) OR an individual who is actively engaged in initiatives or programmes which directly benefit the people of Belfast (either in a paid capacity or through volunteering)
- Have experience supporting or leading impactful solutions to address areas such as good relations, environmental, education, wellbeing or skills-based challenges
- Applications are particularly welcome from individuals who can demonstrate an ongoing commitment to:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Reducing the negative impact of climate change through technology, activism, community programmes, policy, nature-based solutions or similar efforts
- Empowering individuals to take climate action
- Improving access to education, skills or employment opportunities
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment to provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment
- Commit to engaging with a pre and post Summit engagement programme including preparatory meetings, a group residential post Summit and reporting on impact of attendance
- Demonstrate capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving.
- Demonstrate an ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
Applications will close on 11 September 2023 at 9:00am.