About the Scholarship
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Our vision is to be the world’s leading biopharmaceutical company that transforms patients’ lives through science. At BMS, we are about breakthroughs—the kind that transform patients’ lives through lifesaving, innovative medicines.
We firmly believe that prescription medicines are such a vital part of human healthcare that everyone who needs them should have access to them. As part of our sustainability commitment, we have been, and remain committed to, facilitating access to our medicines and to furthering our mission to help patients prevail over serious diseases.
As part of our commitment to continuing our strong leadership and legacy in pioneering life-saving medicines for people around the world, Bristol Myers Squibb will support 5 young leaders who are improving the health outcomes of communities disproportionately affected by serious diseases and health problems to attend the 2023 One Young World Summit through the Bristol Myers Squibb Scholarship.
The scholarship aims to identify and empower young leaders who are improving medical outcomes for vulnerable communities and transforming lives through science. Bristol Myers Squibb scholars are social entrepreneurs, activists, health professionals and more who are paving the way for a world with a more inclusive and innovative healthcare sector and a shared mindset to serve patients.
Bristol Myers Squibb Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, United Kingdom which takes place from 2 - 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 - 6 October.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- If required, transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Aged 18 - 30*.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship**.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact in providing access to healthcare and supporting vulnerable communities.
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
** One Young World will prioritise applicants from countries that are typically underrepresented at the One Young World Summit.