About One Young World
One Young World is the global community for young leaders. We exist to develop young leaders who are taking action to solve the world’s big challenges. It all begins with the One Young World Summit, an annual gathering of 2,000+ of the brightest young leaders from every country and sector. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Bill Clinton, Meghan Markle, and many others to harness the knowledge and skills needed for being impactful change makers.
The One Young World Summit 2023 will be held in the vibrant city of Belfast. Belfast is a city renowned for its resilience and optimism. Having emerged from decades of conflict due to the courage and resilience of its people, the city and its people understand the importance of leadership. 2023 marks the 25th anniversary of the Belfast / Good Friday Agreement.
The National Lottery Heritage Fund
The National Lottery Heritage Fund is the largest funder of UK heritage and has offices across the UK including the Northern Ireland office in Belfast.
The Heritage Fund believes in the power of heritage to ignite the imagination, offer joy and inspiration, and to build pride in place and connection to the past. Since 1994, thanks to Lottery players the Heritage Fund has distributed over £8.2bn of National Lottery funds to more than 46,000 projects across the UK.
Over £260m has been awarded to 1,600 projects throughout Northern Ireland across natural, built, industrial, maritime and community heritage.
About the Scholarship
One Young World is proud to partner with The National Lottery Heritage Fund in Northern Ireland to launch the One Young World | Heritage Fund Scholarship. This programme will enable 10 impactful young leaders who are living and making a positive impact in Northern Ireland to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023 and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
Scholars will recieve
- Full access to the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place from Monday 2 – Thursday 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast with a check-in date of 2 October and check out date of 6 October.
- Catering throughout the duration of the event.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from Belfast.
- Reimbursement of Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred while participating in the Summit.
- Lifetime membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community.
- Opportunity to work with the Heritage Fund team in Northern Ireland to develop a Heritage Youth panel in 2023-24
Succesful candidates will:
- Be aged between 18 - 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2023.
- Live in Northern Ireland.
- Be engaged with impactful social/environmental projects in Northern Ireland.
- Be engaged with impactful social or heritage or environmental projects in Northern Ireland.
- Demonstrate leadership within your community.
- Show concern for and commitment to heritage. The National Lottery Heritage Fund doesn’t define heritage. From historic buildings, our industrial legacy and the natural environment, to collections, traditions, stories and more – heritage can be anything from the past that you value and want to pass on to future generations.
- Commit to engaging with a pre and post Summit engagement programme including preparatory meetings, digital content generation, reporting on impact of attendance and contributing to development of a Heritage Youth Panel in NI.