About the Scholarship
Reckitt exists to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner and healthier world. We fight to make access to the highest quality hygiene, wellness and nourishment a right and not a privilege. We are living in extraordinary times. Our Social Impact work has never been more important. Improving access to health, hygiene and nutrition has never been more urgent. With an emphasis on women and girls, Reckitt’s social impact investment focusses on areas where we can make the most impact and where we identify the greatest unmet needs. These priorities are:
- Clean Water, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Sexual Rights & Equality
- Maternal & Child Health
Find out more in Reckitt’s social impact investment report 2020.
Reckitt knows that these challenges can't be tackled alone and seeks partnerships in all areas to create greater scale and sustainable impact through collaboration. Recognising that young leaders are essential partners in its mission, Reckitt is pleased to support this scholarship to enable outstanding young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022. Scholars will be an integral part of Reckitt's delegation alongside Reckitt’s future leaders from across the business. In addition to participating the Summit, scholars will gain access to exclusive Reckitt sessions and form connections with peers and senior leaders from the company.
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester, UK
- Hotel accommodation between 5 - 8 (inclusive) September, 2022
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke Reckitt programming around the businesses participation in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, a Reckitt buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
Reckitt are looking for young leaders who meet the following criteria;
- Aged 18 – 30*.
- Have a demonstrable track record for leadership and innovation
- Demonstrated impact in one or more of Reckitt’s priority areas for social investment namely:
- Clean Water, Hygiene and Sanitation.
- Sexual Rights & Equality.
- Maternal & Child Health.
- Candidates will ideally lead or occupy managerial roles in not-for-profits/ social enterprises/campaigns or initiatives with a social purpose focussed on one of the above impact areas.
- Candidates must demonstrate willingness to fully engage with other Reckitt delegates and additional Reckitt programming around the Summit.
The Reckitt Programme
This scholarship provides more than access to the One Young World Summit alone. It's a launchpad for future collaboration across Reckitt, with peers from the business and other partners in the Reckitt ecosystem. In line with this, it's expected that scholarship recipients will fully engage with the Reckitt programme around the Summit. This will involve:
- Attending online calls arranged in the months leading up to the Summit.
- Attending, in person, Reckitt’s pre-summit meeting in Manchester.
- Engage with and be present every day of the Summit including additional activities arranged exclusively for Reckitt delegates.
- Attending and participating in the Reckitt OYW 2022 post-summit meeting in Manchester where the entire delegation will work together to discuss ideas.
- In the months following the Summit Reckitt would like to continue a relationship with scholars through projects and sharing ideas for social impact, as well as scholars being advocates for Reckitt social impact programmes e.g. posting across social media.
- Reckitt also expect scholars to complete an online feedback survey which will be emailed to them in the weeks after the event.
Application Deadline: 20 December
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.