Belfast at a Glance
Meet the new Belfast, one of Europe’s most vibrant and exciting destinations, brimming with culture, award-winning attractions and home to the friendliest people you are ever likely to meet.
A city bursting with energy, ambition and optimism, Belfast is moving forward at an unprecedented rate. Over one billion pounds has been invested in infrastructure over the past decade and major development and regeneration projects have transformed our tourism, transport and digital sectors. Belfast is now recognised as a vibrant destination in which to live, work, study, visit and invest:
- The number one region in the world to visit (Lonely Planet)
- The Rising Star of Tourism (National Geographic Traveller Magazine)
- Best Events Destination (Conference and Incentive Travel Awards)
- Home to 1,000 international companies employing over 100,000 people (Invest NI)
- 2nd fastest growing knowledge economy in the UK (Catalyst Inc Knowledge Economy Report)
- One of the fastest growing creative clusters in the UK and home to major TV and film productions including HBO’s Game of Thrones.
And it’s just getting started, Belfast is now embarking on a further billion pound investment programme through the Belfast Region City Deal; the city is brimming with potential – the youthful dynamism, talent and optimism is the vibrant energy driving the city’s resurgence and regeneration.
Now an ambitious city, having emerged from decades of conflict due to the courage and resilience of its people; the city and its people understand the importance of leadership. 2023 marks the 25th anniversary of the Belfast Good Friday Agreement. With 43% of its population under 30 years old, the city has a generation of talented, responsible and civically-minded young people who are driving positive social change for a better future in Belfast.
From the birthplace of the Titanic to Game of Thrones film locations, peace tours and street art, you’ll find plenty to do in Belfast. Start your adventure today but visiting these links: