About the Scholarship
Western Union is a leader in global financial services with the digital and physical capabilities to move money in more than 200 countries and territories. With 32 transactions being made by Western Union every second, the company helped businesses and other customers move more than £150 billion in 2017.
Western Union believes that when money moves, better things happen. A business expands. A child goes to college. Emergency aid arrives when it's needed. An economy prospers, an opportunity opens, a community heals and relationships endure.
Are you passionate about financial inclusion? Are you a problem-solver who believes in finding innovative solutions? The Moving Money For Better Scholarship is an opportunity for creative leaders who believe in our purpose of moving money for better.
The Moving Money For Better Scholarship will allow three leaders passionate about financial inclusion the opportunity to join the Western Union delegation at the 2018 One Young World Summit in The Hague, The Netherlands. During the Summit they will connect with fellow change makers from more than 190 countries!
Who should apply
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- A passion for creating social impact through financial inclusion
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Concern for local and global issues.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis (inclusive) October 16-20, 2018
- Provisions for additional accommodations may be made for delegates as needed
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Discretionary funds to provide for emergency out of pocket expenses whilst in The Hague.
Application Deadline: 4 June 2018