The rates of global unemployment, the catastrophic effects of climate change, and the challenges of globalisation all pose significant problems. The skills of young entrepreneurs, equipped with rapid technological advancements, are overcoming these barriers around the world.
At the heart of every start-up or enterprise is the drive to solve the problem. One Young World believes that the next generation of young entrepreneurs are here to do more than create the next convenient solution - they are here to take on the world’s major challenges.
One Young World’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 was created to identify and promote 5 of the world’s most revolutionary entrepreneurs under 35 who are having a positive global impact and inspiring others with their leadership.
Deadline: 23 April, 2020
THIS YEAR'S AWARD WILL BE PRESENTED TO 5 WINNERS AT ONE YOUNG WORLD 2020 IN MUNICH, WHICH TAKES PLACE FROM 14-17 OF OCTOBER.
To be considered for the award, nominees must:
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Exemplify leadership in their field.
- Demonstrate the importance of entrepreneurship as a way to effect positive change.
- Have achieved tangible and material entrepreneurial success [revenue and number of employees can indicate this].
In addition to receiving the award:
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
“It has been such an inspiration to witness the incredible creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and real impact that this group have demonstrated with the businesses that they have created. These entrepreneurs have found new, underserved or poorly-served markets and have come up with innovative ways to deploy their talents toward creating businesses with the ability to scale and become the disruptors in their field.”
Marisa Drew, CEO, Impact Advisory and Finance (IAF) Department, Credit Suisse
Elio Leoni-Sceti, Co-founder and Chief Crafter at The Craftory presents 5 winners with the Entrepreneur of the Year Award
2019 winners have a panel discussion with Ronan Dunne, Executive Vice President and Group CEO—Verizon Consumer
Founder & CEO, Bollant Industries
Co-Founder & CTO, Duolingo
Founder, Chiswara & Soko
Founder, The Muse
Founding Partner, Mesoamerica Investments
Founder, You & Mr Jones and Co-founder, One Young World
CEO, Impact Advisory and Finance (IAF) Department, Credit Suisse
Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Director of Studies MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management of University of Bath
Co-founder and Chief Crafter, The Craftory