We are excited to provide members of the One Young World community with the opportunity to become an Institue for Economics and Peace (IEP) Ambassador. The IEP is one of the world’s premier think tanks. Research produced by the IEP is used by NGOs and governments around the world, including the World Bank and the United Nations. The IEP is known for its Global Peace Index (GPI), a groundbreaking index that helps make the concept of peace a tangible measure of human wellbeing and progress. In 2020, IEP’s media reach was 7 billion; its social media reach was 825 million. Its research findings were covered in approximately 140 countries. Each year, the GPI report is released with events in key cities around the world and is attended by policy-makers, researchers, civil society, and media.
IEP Ambassadors will have the opportunity to further their peacebuilding knowledge by learning about IEP’s empirical peace research. The partnership between OYW and IEP helps people working to build peace in their communities. Ambassadors will have access to exclusive research and education produced by the Institute of Economics and Peace. Successful applicants will also engage with existing Ambassadors who have been trained by IEP in partnership with Rotary International.
Concrete initiatives that emerged last year include a new peace radio station in the Solomon Islands, a presentation to hundreds of students in Rwanda, a panel event on the Sustainable Development Goals in Colombia, and an epic cycling advocacy trip in Australia. Past Ambassadors have utilized the information gained to present IEP’s findings and methodology across the world from UN missions and universities to community spaces in rural communities.
Benefits of the IEP Ambassador Program
● Attend the IEP Positive Peace Academy
● Gain exclusive access to three online webinars highlighting IEP’s core research content, including the methodology of the Global Peace Index and Positive Peace framework, and messages to communicate peace research.
● Enter into a peer group of like-minded changemakers.
● Network with peacebuilders and secure support from IEP Ambassadors and other program participants on your projects.
● Opportunities to share your knowledge within OYW networks, Rotary Clubs and other communities focused on peacebuilding.
March 4: Receive an official invitation for the program.
April 1: Submit your application
April 15-29: Participate in the three online webinars.
April 30 - May 13: Complete the Evaluation and Test.
May 13 – July 31 2020: Complete your presentation/project.
For any questions, please contact [email protected]
Apply by April 1!