To celebrate the announcement of London as the One Young World host city for 2019, One Young World is pleased to launch the Leading London Award. The Award will enable two of London’s most impactful young leaders to join One Young World 2018 in Hague, which takes place from 17 – 20 October. If you’re a Londoner working to make London a better place, this Award is for you.
Award winners will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis during the Summit, 17 to 20 (inclusive) October, 2018
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Who can apply?
- Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- A resident of London, UK
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in London. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Leadership ability and examples
- Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
- Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas
Application deadline 18 May 2018