Terms and Conditions for Delegates - One Young World
These Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings for Delegates to attend the One Young World 2020 Summit Munich, which is taking place in Munich between 14 - 17 October 2020 (the “Summit”), and form an integral part of the legally binding contract to purchase or donate the specified number of Delegate places for the Summit attached hereto.
1. To be eligible to attend the Summit, Delegates must be 18 or over at the time of the Summit and will be asked to present proof of age.
2. You must send to One Young World (“ONE YOUNG WORLD”) details of each of the Delegates who will be attending by means of a completed delegate booking form to One Young World, 14, Irving Street, London, WC2H 7AF or to [email protected], or via submission of the online booking form accessible at https://www.oneyoungworld.com/summit/register. The delegate booking forms will need to be completed no later than the 30 August 2020.
3. Please check the accuracy of the information you provide on your booking form carefully, including any dietary or special access requirements, as ONE YOUNG WORLD cannot be held responsible for errors.
4. Payment terms are immediate from the date of our invoice or donation form or as otherwise agreed by ONE YOUNG WORLD with you in writing.
5. ONE YOUNG WORLD may cancel your booking at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if you do not pay when you are supposed to as set out in paragraph 4 above or if in ONE YOUNG WORLD’s reasonable opinion you are unable to or may be unable to comply with any requirements, including payments.
6. The price per Delegate place is £2.855.00, for no accommodation; £3,555.00 for shared accommodation; and £3,915.00 for private accommodation. To all previous values German VAT is added (where applicable). The price does not include any flights or other transportation to or from the Summit. The travel costs must be arranged independently by the Delegate sponsor or by the Delegate.
7. The Delegate price includes hotel accommodation for four nights, for the nights of 14, 15, 16, 17 October 2020, with catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner on 15, 16, 17 October 2020, dinner only on 14 October 2020 and breakfast only on 18 October 2020, access to the Summit, Summit hand-outs and support materials. Ground transportation between Summit accommodation and Summit venue will be provided on the days of the 14, 15, 16 and 17 October. Transportation out of these dates will not be provided and will have to be arranged independently.
8. For any questions regarding cancellations, please contact [email protected]
For any questions with regards to a Government set travel ban - please contact [email protected].
9. The venue for the Summit and the accommodation venue are both subject to change without notice and are only confirmed when instructions (final Summit details and a venue location map) are sent out, usually around 6 weeks prior to the Summit. In the event of a change of venue from that originally advertised or confirmed in the instructions, ONE YOUNG WORLD will make reasonable endeavours to provide a suitable alternative venue within reasonable distance of the original advertised venues. ONE YOUNG WORLD will not provide refunds for cancellations relating to changes to a confirmed venue unless it complies with the cancellation policy set out in paragraph 8.
10. In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for ONE YOUNG WORLD to make changes to the content or the timings of the events at the Summit. In the event of it being necessary for ONE YOUNG WORLD to postpone or change the dates of the Summit, other than the Delegate Fee, ONE YOUNG WORLD shall not be liable for expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you or by the Delegates for whom you are booking.
11. In the unlikely event of the Summit being cancelled in its entirety by ONE YOUNG WORLD, for any reason other than a force majeure, a full refund will be made. For the purpose of this clause, “force majeure” means any circumstances not within the reasonable control of ONE YOUNG WORLD, including, without limitation:
(a) any strike, lockout or other industrial action or any shortage of or difficulty in obtaining labour or venues or accommodations;
(b) any destruction, temporary or permanent breakdown, malfunction or damage of or to any premises plant equipment (including computer systems) or material;
(c) any breach of contract, default or insolvency by or of any third party (including an agent or sub-contractor) or an employee or officer of that party or company;
(d) any action taken by a governmental or public authority of any kind including not granting a consent exemption approval or clearance;
(e) any civil commotion or disorder, riot, invasion, war, acts of terrorism, threat of or preparation for war; or
(f) any fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, public health crisis, or other natural physical disaster.
12. Delegates are responsible for ensuring that they have appropriate travel insurance in place and have received any required or recommended vaccinations in order to attend the Summit.
13. ONE YOUNG WORLD cannot guarantee the safety and security of Delegates during attendance at the Summit. Delegates are responsible for ensuring their own safety and security during the Summit and in respect of any travel in connection with the Summit and whilst spending time in the host city. ONE YOUNG WORLD disclaims any liability for loss or damage to Delegates or their property, including bodily injury or death, unless solely attributable to the gross negligence of wilful misconduct of ONE YOUNG WORLD or one of its employees acting in their employment function.
14. The views expressed by the speakers are their own and ONE YOUNG WORLD disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed. Documentation distributed is intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
15. ONE YOUNG WORLD’s maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with these Terms will not exceed the Fees payable to us in respect of the services giving rise to the liability.
16. We will not be liable under these Terms for any loss of actual or anticipated income or profits, loss of contracts or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, whether or not such loss or damage is foreseeable, foreseen or known.
17. ONE YOUNG WORLD reserve the right to charge you for the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the Delegate(s) to which your booking relates.
18. Please note that for promotional purposes, the Summit or any part of it may be recorded by audio, visual or electronic means (“Footage”). You agree and you agree to procure Delegates’ agreement to permit ONE YOUNG WORLD to use and distribute such Footage, which may feature Delegates’ voices and images, in all or any media.
19. To the extent a visa may be necessary, assistance will be given where possible in guiding the Delegates through the visa application process, (where necessary). However, obtaining a visa and provision of their own personal documentation required by relevant immigration bodies is the sole responsibility of the Delegates and the funding party.
20. In the event of a visa application being denied because of late application, the Delegate fee is forfeited in full and there is no refund.
21. Any failure or neglect by the ONE YOUNG WORLD to enforce at any time any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as nor deemed to be a waiver of any of the ONE YOUNG WORLD's rights under these Terms.
22. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
23. These Terms are governed by English law and in the event of any claim or dispute the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
One Young World UK Trading Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08004146 and our registered office is at c/o Bates Wels Braithwaite, 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1BE2. Our registered VAT number is: GB 175 8518 70.
One Young World Limited is a charity registered with the Charities Commission of England & Wales, under the registration number 1147298.
Conditions of web use
This page (together with the additional pages referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of the One Young World website www.oneyoungworld.com
All the copyright, graphics, trademarks, design rights (whether registerable or otherwise), as well as any and all other intellectual property rights including the "Look and Feel" of the website and bespoke software and contents of all the pages in the One Young World website ("One Young World Content") are owned by or licensed to the Company and, unless otherwise specified, no one other than the rightful owner or licensee of such copyright shall be entitled to:
- distribute, modify, transmit, re-post or use any or all of the One Young World Content for any purpose (other than as specifically permitted) including, by way of example only, for public or commercial purposes, without the Company's written permission
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the One Young World Content for the benefit of any other website
You may print off one copy of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference.
Reliance on information posted
The Company excludes all its liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party. This includes without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, or loss or damage arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contact or otherwise in connection with the site in any way or in connection with the use, results of use or inability to use the site, any websites linked to the site or materials thereon. This includes, but is not limited to, loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing of the site or your downloading of any material from the site or accessing any links on the site. Nothing in these Conditions of website use shall exclude or limit the Company's liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence, (b) fraud, or (c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or (d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Our site changes regularly
We update our website regularly and so may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we have the option to suspend the site or to close it indefinitely.
Information about you and your visits to our website
Linking to our site
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other website. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to the trading address above. Any links in our site to external websites are solely for your convenience. If you use these links you leave our site. We have no control over external websites and we do not endorse or make any representations about them. You visit external sites at your own risk.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to a visit to this website. English Law will apply to these terms and conditions.