This policy sets out the basis on which we will process your personal data. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") the data controller is One Young World of 14, Irving Street, London, WC2H 7AF. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Anais Nee at One Young World.
Information held about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information from One Young World;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services;
- Information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type;
- Details of your visits to our website and the pages and resources that you access;
- Information about your general Internet usage obtained using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to assess your eligibility for and, if eligible, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to allow you to participate in current and future interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- we may provide other companies, such as suppliers, potential suppliers, clients about our participants’ activities, but we will not provide them with any information which can be used to identify any individual participant;
- We may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information by post, email fax or text message about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you would like details of what information we hold in relation to your use of this website please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at the following address: One Young World 14, Irving Street, London, WC2H 7AF
You may also refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain current or future parts of our website.
Cookie and Privacy
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Find out more about cookies:
|Cookies set by Drupal||
The SESS... cookie is a Drupal session cookie used when an authorised user (in other words, an EIN member) logs in. You won't get this if you are an anonymous user.
These cookies don't collect information that identifies individual visitors to the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. Google Analytics privacy overview
|Google Analytics privacy overview|
This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube video.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channels using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. YouTube's privacy enhanced mode for embedded videos
|YouTube's privacy enhanced mode for embedded videos|
|Cookies set by Twitter||
|Cookies set by Facebook||
How to control or delete these cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, you can do this through your browser settings. The About Cookies website contains step-by-step guides to controlling or deleting cookies on a wide variety of browsers.
For information on how to control or remove cookies on your mobile phone or other devices, please refer to the device's manual or manufacturer's website.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
Where we store your data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, while we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
The Act gives you various rights including the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
How to contact us
All general queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org