One Young World is pleased to offer you the opportunity to become an IEP Peace Ambassador thanks to our partnership with The Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP).
The IEP Ambassador Program is an exciting opportunity for the most dedicated One Young World (OYW) Ambassadors to further their peacebuilding knowledge in learning about IEP’s empirical peace research. The partnership between OYW and IEP offers new approaches and opportunities for individuals to build peace in their local communities. The program brings together leading global research, education and community-based programming as well as the opportunity to engage with the OYW networks. Successful applicants will also engage with existing Ambassadors who have been trained by IEP in partnership with Rotary International.
IEP has pioneered the empirical study of peace, most notably through the groundbreaking Global Peace Index (GPI). The GPI has helped shift the world’s conversation about peace away from a mindset that views peace as the absence of violence towards a peace that is a positive, achievable and a tangible measure of human wellbeing and progress. The Index is included in thousands of university courses, is referenced by international media and used by the world’s major multilateral organizations including the United Nations and the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development. In 2018, IEP’s media reach was 6.8 billion, its social media reach was 825 million, and its research findings were covered in approximately 140 countries. Each year, the GPI report is released with events in key cities around the world and is attended by policy-makers, researchers, civil society, and media.
Benefits of the IEP Ambassador Program
- Exclusive access to three online webinars highlighting IEP’s core research content, including the methodology of the Global Peace Index and Positive Peace framework, and messages to communicate peace research.
- An overview of Rotary’s fellowship and grant structure and resources to help you apply for Rotary funding.
- Access to a like-minded peer group.
- A chance to network with other peacebuilders, highlight your projects and receive support from IEP and other program participants.
- Ideas and opportunities to share your acquired knowledge in OYW networks, local Rotary Clubs and other peacebuilding communities (below).
- A formal letter of completion.
The IEP Ambassador Program will commence in March 2019 and will run until the end of the calendar year. The three online webinars are scheduled to be delivered between March and June 2019. As a program participant, we hope that you will collaborate with other IEP Ambassadors on projects to engage your networks in investing in peace.
The IEP Ambassador Program is open to OYW Ambassadors. In order to complete the program and receive a letter of completion, participants are required to attend / view the three webinars and draw from the knowledge gained to give one public presentation (such as to a community group, your workplace or university, a local Rotary club, etc) or undertake a creative project of your choice. Past project examples are incredibly diverse - including organizing a social media campaign, leading a community workshop and interactive conference, and integrating IEP’s reports into library and school systems. If you opt to undertake a creative project, IEP is available to provide input.
How to Apply
It’s simple and takes less than 15 minutes. The 2019 program timeline is as follows:
- Now – February 28: Submit your application to IEP through OYW.
- Early March: Receive your official invitation to participate in the Program.
- March - June: Participate in f the three online webinars.
- July - December: Organize your presentation/project.
For any queries, please contact [email protected].
Application Deadline: 28 February