One Young World Summits are fantastic, inspiring events but it is after each Summit that the hard work really begins.
Between Summits, One Young World makes huge efforts to follow Ambassador initiatives, promote their stories and connect them with each other. But we can’t do this alone.
It is vital to follow what Ambassadors all around the world are doing in their countries, communities or businesses. To make this more effective, Coordinating Ambassadors from 25 geographical regions will be elected to take the lead on reporting on the incredible work that happens in between Summits.
Coordinating Ambassadors must serve for a period of 14 months and will attend the 2018 Summit for free (flights not included).
The application deadline is 10 November.
Coordinating Ambassadors will primarily be expected to engage with all One Young World Ambassadors within their geographical regions. This engagement is key to sustaining momentum after each Summit, tracking the impact of individual Ambassadors and making useful connections between them.
One Young World will create an Ambassador impact measurement questionnaire. Coordinating Ambassadors will ensure Ambassadors in their region complete the questionnaire and stress the need for robust responses. This data will provide information on the impact of Ambassadors and will form the basis of case studies and data visualisation for a range of purposes.
Organise physical and/or online Ambassador meetings/focus groups
Coordinating Ambassadors will assist One Young World in canvassing Ambassadors regarding the topics to be covered at the 2017 Summit.
Coordinating Ambassadors are encouraged to stage Caucuses – physical and/or online meetings, which are aimed at fostering strong connections among Ambassadors in their region throughout the year.
1. One Young World is often able to offer its Ambassadors the chance to attend exclusive events. When these opportunities arise, Coordinating Ambassadors will invite Ambassadors in the local area to attend.
2. Coordinating Ambassadors will also have the opportunity to suggest and stage approved fundraising and other events in their region with local partners and other potential stakeholders.
What are we looking for in a Coordinating Ambassador?
Besides the individual skills and qualities that you can bring to this role it is essential that you possess the following things:
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Personal access to a computer and internet.
- A passion for the aims of One Young World and activities of Ambassadors.
- The ability to commit time and effort to the role.
- You must live in the region you intend to coordinate.
Please note that you can only apply to be a Coordinating Ambassador if you have already become an Ambassador by attending a One Young World Summit.
- 19 October - Applications open.
- 10 November - Applications close (9:00am GMT).
- 10 - 24 November - Application assessment and interviews.
- 28 - 30 November - Coordinating Ambassadors announced.
Meet the 2016-2017 Coordinating Ambassadors