[[[image 1 - native]]]
The Queen's Young Leader Award recognises and celebrates exceptional young leaders aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth who are using their skills to transform lives. Winners receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen.
The search is now on for the 2016 award winners. The closing date for applications is 7 September 2015.
Winners of this prestigious Award will:
- Receive a year of training and mentoring from The University of Cambridge.
- Take part in a one-week residential programme in the UK.
- Network with senior political and business leaders in the UK.
- Receive their Award from Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- Working to support people in your community.
- Creating positive change.
- Raising awareness of issues affecting your community.
- From a Commonwealth nation.
You must be a national of one of the following countries to apply:
Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, The Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Watch the highlights video from last year: