Are you using art to change society? Apply now for the OYW Art Fellowship to attend the OYW Summit 2019 in London & a month-long art residency in France
About the Scholarship
Art is not passive, stationary, or two-dimensional. It is a universal vehicle for unbridled expression, empathy, and social change. The world of today, as it always has, needs great art and great artists to broaden our consciousness and drive the conversation around the complex web of issues we face—social, political, and ecological. For this scholarship, we are seeking the next generation of artists following in the footsteps of Michelangelo Pistoletto, Fabrice Hybert, Joseph Beuys and Banksy, employing their art as a generator of social progress.
A panel of esteemed judges will review applications and select the final candidate.
The Scholarship covers any visual arts. This includes art forms such as painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, video, filmmaking, design, crafts, and architecture.
What does the scholarship provide?
One Young World will offer this Fellowship to 1 visual artist using their craft to promote positive impact. The opportunity will offer fully-funded sponsorship to attend the OYW 2019 Summit and join the 1 month long residency programme in France. During the residency, the selected candidate will be expected to design and deliver a new piece of work.
The residency will be located at: Château de la Bourlie, 24480 Urval, France
One Young World Summit in London
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
One-month art residency in France
- The cost to travel to Bordeaux/Bergerac (Flights in economy)
- Accommodation in residency with other artists
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A £2000 grant to cover expenses for one month
Applicants will need to:
- Provide their CV and art portfolio
- Have demonstrated a commitment to using art as a vehicle for positive impact
- Be aged between 18-35 years old
- Be available to commit to attending the OYW Summit and the residency immediately after: 21 October - 25 November 2019.
We are honoured to host the following judges:
- Nicolas Bourriaud, Curator, Director MOCO, Curator Biennial Istanbul 2019. Founder Palais de Tokyo
- Annies Morries and Idris Khan, Artists
- Martin Guinard, Curator of Taipei Biennial 2020
- Maria Bukhtoyarova, Director, Gaia Art Foundation
- Cyril de Commarque, Artist
THE DEADLINE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP HAS NOW PASSED