Did you know that violence cost 13.3% of global GDP in 2015? That’s an enormous $13.6 trillion…
This is among the findings of The Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP), the world’s leading think-tank dedicated to developing metrics to analyse peace and quantify its economic benefits.
One Young World is pleased to partner with (IEP) on the launch of their Global Peace Index (GPI) Ambassador Program.
The GPI Ambassador Program focuses on engaging young leaders in understanding IEP’s empirical peace research. It brings together education, community-based programming, and engagement to offer young leaders new approaches and opportunities to build peace. GPI Ambassadors are currently selected exclusively from the One Young World Ambassador community and Rotary Peace Fellows. If you are passionate about peace and conflict prevention/resolution. If you are constantly seeking to learn, to support others like you, and to take action, this is the right program for you.
IEP has pioneered the empirical study of peace, most notably through the groundbreaking Global Peace Index. The GPI has helped shift the world’s conversation about peace to a positive, achievable and tangible measure of human wellbeing and progress. The Index is included in thousands of university courses, is referenced by international media and used by the world’s major multilateral organizations including the United Nations and the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development. News articles about the 2016 Global Peace Index appeared in 75 countries and reached over 1 billion people, while the Institute’s website, www.visionofhumanity.org, gets over 6 million annual page views. Each year, the GPI report is released with events in key cities around the world, attended by policy-makers, researchers, civil society, and media.
Benefits of the GPI Ambassador Program:
- Three online webinars highlighting IEP’s core research content, including the methodology of the Global Peace Index and Positive Peace framework, and messages to communicate peace research.
- Access to a like-minded peer group.
- Recognition on IEP’s website, www.visionofhumanity.org, and on social media.
- A chance to highlight your projects and receive support from other program participants.
- Certificate of completion.
The GPI Ambassador Program will commence the week of April 17, 2017 and will run until the end of the calendar year. The three online webinars are scheduled to be delivered between April 17 and May 31, 2017. As a program participant, we hope that you will collaborate with other GPI Ambassadors on projects to engage your networks in investing in peace.
How to apply:
It’s simple. Apply Now.
- Now – Apply by 10 April: Submit your application to One Young World.
- Early-April: Receive your official invitation to participate in the Program.
- April- May: Delivery of the three online webinars.
Application deadline: 10 April