Welcome to the City of Johannesburg's One Young World Candidate Application Portal!
Have you already applied as a One Young World candidate? Yes? If you meet the below criteria and would like to be considered for sponsorship by the City of Johannesburg, please email [email protected] or call +27 11 549 3600. DO NOT APPLY TWICE.
If this is the first time you are applying to One Young World, please complete the following application forms and submit.
COMPETITION OPENS: Thursday, 22 August 2013
COMPETITION CLOSES: 17:00 on Friday, 6 September 2013
Please ensure you complete EVERY section of the form, and be sure to give full contact and residence details, or your profile will not be considered. If you have an existing profile in our database and want to revisit it, use the log-in information you were provided and let us know when you have updated your profile and that you wish to be considered.
ONE YOUNG CITY LOOKING FOR ONE YOUNG LEADER
The opportunity of a lifetime exists for 20 young Joburg-based leaders to attend this prestigious conference, sponsored by the Executive Mayor of Joburg, Councillor Parks Tau. If you’re someone who is committed to making a difference in the world today, in order to create a better tomorrow, there’s no better place than One Young World to interact with like-minded individuals and mentors.
The selected delegates will be championed to represent their city and country as delegates to One Young World Summit 2013, Johannesburg, South Africa. Participating in the summit as a delegate is an opportunity to learn and engage with peers from all industries and sectors, from all over the world, and to contribute to solutions to the major challenges the world is facing. After the summit, delegates graduate as 'One Young World Ambassadors', becoming part of one of the most powerful networks the world has ever seen, working together to effect lasting positive change.
Many have already had an impact in their home countries on a range of issues including the role of business in society, transparency in business and government, the impact of climate change, global health and hunger relief.
The winning delegates will also have the opportunity to meet and engage with the Executive Mayor prior to the Summit.
If you meet the following criteria, please apply to be considered.
- Delegates should match the following criteria:
- One Young World Delegates are 18-30 years old at the time of the Summit
- You must demonstrate leadership potential and skills
- You must show teamwork
- You must be able to show concern about and grasp of global and local issues
- You must demonstrate an ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- You must have a commitment to volunteering or other extracurricular activity (description and evidence of tangible community impact will be required)
- To be eligible, you must be a South African national
- You must be presently living in Joburg (proof will be required)
- Your community impacts must be based in and around, and contributing to the development of Joburg
You may be contacted for further information via email or telephone, so please ensure you supply correct information. Once you have completed this application, you DO NOT need to email us or anyone at One Young World with further information unless you are requested to do so. If your application profile is too short or incomplete, it will not be considered.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING THE FORM BELOW, PLEASE CLICK HERE