Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development yet there are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10-24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce. The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
As countries around the world are dealing with some of the most unprecedented challenges of our time, including a global health pandemic and climate change, continued access to new ways of learning, and developing future-proof skills, will be critical to ensure the world is prepared to address the complex issues of today, and in the future.
At Deloitte, we are collaborating with stakeholders across business, government and civil society to prepare 50 million lives for a world of opportunity by 2030. We are applying our core skills, experience, and global reach to make an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunity, in line with SDG 4 – Quality Education and SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, we’re proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany on 22 – 25 July 2021.
Who should apply?
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focussed on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
What does this scholarship provide?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 21 and 25 (inclusive) July, 2021;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy.”
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.