Finance & Business 2030 Launch event
Thursday 6 February 2020, 09:00 – 15:00
One Young World, Chartered Accountants Worldwide and SAICA are delighted to launch Finance & Business2030, an initiative to unite and mobilise the finance and business community to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. The launch event will be held at Investec (100 Grayston Drive, Sandton) on 6 February 2020 with participation of professionals with finance and business skills across industries.
Purpose of the event and desired outcomes
We recognise that the SDGs will only be achieved if we change the way finance and business are conducted. Innovative business models, new routes to finance and collaborative working will be essential if we are to succeed.
Our aim for the launch event is to bring together the finance and business community as a force for change, to identify the opportunities and encourage a commitment to tackle the issues and achieve the long-term SDG goals.
This first event will explore ways in which the finance and business community together with OYW, Chartered Accountants Worldwide and SAICA can collaborate effectively to achieve the 2030 SDG goals.
- To define the vision and establish the objectives for the finance & business community for 2020/2021
- To develop a plan of action and Terms of Reference
- To highlight the leading issues we would like to tackle, specifically in the South African context
- Develop a structure for individuals to get personally actively involved (potentially project teams)
- Identify key actions that can be taken to tackle issues
- Determine how business can contribute to these key actions
We are looking for change makers, innovators and disruptors across sectors and industries who believe in the ability of finance to lead change. If you are interested in participating and fit into either of the following two groups, please apply to attend.
1 – A qualified finance professional working in the private sector, public sector, in education, corporates and own business
2 – Have a strong interest in finance and business solutions to tackle world issues
3 – Be prepared to be actively involved in facilitating the achievement of the chosen SDG goals
- How to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- How do we reduce inequality including those based on gender, race, religion, origin and economic status
- How to we promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, productive employment and decent work for all
- How to address the needs of developing countries to both adapt to climate change and invest in low carbon development