The Future Leaders Network is seeking talented young people to represent the United Kingdom at the 2020 G7 and G20 Youth Summits
What are the Youth Summits?
The Youth Summits are global gatherings of future leaders from the G7 and G20 nations, that seek to generate policy recommendations through pragmatic and evidence-based negotiation. The Youth Summits typically take the form of a week-long summit in the host country, bringing together young leaders from across the globe, to discuss and debate the big issues. Delegates to the summits negotiate a communiqué that will be officially presented to the host governments and G7/G20 Leaders.
These are fantastic opportunities to represent your country at an international level; meet outstanding young leaders people from all over the world and genuinely help shape the thinking of the G7 and G20 processes.
When & where:
This year the Summits will be held in:
- Y7 Washington DC, United States: 1 - 5 April 2020
- Y20 Riyadh, Saudi Arabi: 10 - 18 October 2020
- Be aged between 18-30 at the time of their chosen Summit;
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom and hold a valid UK passport;
- Be able to attend an assessment centre day (1st or 2nd February 2020)
- Be able to attend their chosen Summit for its entire duration and participate in the online pre-negotiation on a regular basis
- Be able to commit to the full year-long post, including activity pre- and post- the Summit relating to their role as a representative of the United Kingdom at an international level.
Any questions? Please email [email protected].
Deadline - Friday 24 January, 23:59:00 (GMT)
- - -
About the Future Leaders Network
Future Leaders Network is a not-for-profit organisation, founded with the goal of discovering and developing the next generation of political, economic and social leaders. Our network of talented, ambitious young people, from all walks of life and all parts of the country, represent the United Kingdom at Global Summits, participate in expert panels and articulate research findings and policy proposals to policy makers both at home and overseas. Our diverse community incubates policy positions through intensive research, debate, engagement and collaboration.