What is Halcyon Incubator?
The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st-century challenges throughout the nation and the world. By helping social entrepreneurs transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures, the Halcyon Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes. It's perhaps the most immersive incubator in the world that focuses on both social impact and profit.
During this 18-month fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality.
Who are they looking for?
Applications are judged and selected based on the following six criteria:
- Execution. The application is our first introduction; get off on the right foot. Successful applicants have a big vision but also pay careful attention to detail.
- Talent. Do you have what it takes to lead your venture to success? Strong applicants exhibit characteristics of extraordinary leadership: vision, intelligence, resilience, and follow-through.
- Problem/Solution. Does your venture identify a real and pressing problem and propose a viable solution? Strong applications effectively and narrowly define a pain point and outline a solution that addresses the pain point.
- Sustainability. We’re looking for innovative social ventures that sell a core product or service to achieve impact.
- Impact. Successful applicants demonstrate significant impact as a core part of their venture. We look for impact both in terms of how impactful the core product or service is, and how scalable is the model to spread this impact.
- Innovation. How is your solution to a problem different from current solutions? What sets you apart? We value audacious ideas that disrupt the status quo and move the needle on 21st-century challenges. Think big!
DEADLINE: 4 APRIL, 5PM EDT
About the Fellowship:
Fellows accepted into the program will have access to the following resources:
Residency, Business and Living Expenses - The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. The program reduces the financial barriers to starting a social venture by providing:
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase)
- 13 months of free workspace at Halcyon House (Post-Residency Phase)
- A $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Phase
Strategic Venture Resources - The Halcyon Incubator has partnered with some of the leading firms in the community to advise and directly support the fellows’ ventures. During the course of the program, fellows receive more than 1,000 hours (in aggregate) of:
- Strategy and operations consulting provided by Deloitte
- Legal and business advice through Arnold and Porter LLP
- Technical advice and hosting credits through Amazon Web Services
- One-on-one executive coaching provided in partnership with The HR Sage
World-Class Network of Mentors and Advisors - The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around the fellows by bringing together a robust network of seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, field-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance and support during the Residency Phase.
- Select dinners and events engage fellows with a robust network of supporters, advisors, and potential funders.
Critical Audiences - The program helps fellows gain exposure for their ventures to support their long-term sustainability. The Halcyon Incubator provides fellows:
- Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters during a formal debut at Kick-Off, an event at the beginning of the Residency Phase
- Access to potential funders, investors, and partners during the Halcyon Showcase, an event at the end of the Residency Phase
- Access to key community figures and innovators at conferences and other events
For additional questions, please contact the Halcyon Incubator team at firstname.lastname@example.org.