This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). Seventy years after its adoption, human rights violations still take place around the world.
At the end of the One Young World 2018 Summit in The Hague, we will vote on the adoption of the “The Hague Youth Declaration on Human Rights in Action” which we plan to present to the UN at the end of this year. To involve all of you in the process, we are asking you to make a vlog about 1 of the 30 articles of the UDHR and the relevant SDGs that can be linked to this article.
How to join:
- Choose your topic. Pick one of the 30 human rights that most resonate with you.
- Make a human rights assessment. Find out how your community or country is doing with regard to your topic.
- Commit yourself. This can be done either by spreading good news or by stating what goes wrong and how you could help to improve the human rights situation
- Film yourself. Make a short video (two to four minutes) sharing the above. Remember to film horizontally!
- Submit your vlog. Submit your vlog by the 1 October at https://www.oneyoungworld.com/legacy-video-page
For more information on this project or for tips on how to record a vlog, read this document. Follow the link below to submit your videos.