One Young World 2017 Bogotá
Application to host How to Workshops
How to Workshops
How to workshops provide One Young World delegates with interactive and practical insight into the issues and topics they are most passionate about.
This year, the One Young World Ambassador community have decided the Summit agenda will focus on the following topics:
- Leadership & Government - If governments don't uphold human rights what can we do?
- Environment - What is holding back the clean energy revolution?
- Peace & Reconciliation - How do you turn a ceasefire into lasting peace?
- Education - What can prepare young people for jobs that don't exist yet?
- Poverty alleviation & economic development - How can we innovate our way out of poverty?
- Other Sustainable Development Goals
The How to Workshops will take place at the Agora Convention Centre during networking breaks and lunch sessions throughout the full three days.
One Young World are requesting applications for two different workshop formats
- Workshops taking place during AM & PM networking breaks, lasting 20 minutes
- Workshops taking place during networking lunch, lasting 60 minutes
One Young World will review and select applications on merit, based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the Summit agenda
- Practical, interactive and/ or scenario based in nature
- Delivering actionable learning outcomes to our delegates
- Suitable for delegate numbers of between 20- 100 people
Deadline: June 1 2017
One Young World recommend applications are submitted as soon as possible.
In order to increase chance of selection, due to increased competition and limited sessions, we recommend submitting applications for both the 20 minute and 60 minute formats.
If successful, a member of the One Young World team will be in contact to discuss the content and timing of your workshop. Please note: amends to your initial application may be requested by the One Young World team.