Are you a young leader from Asia? You could attend the One Young World 2021 Summit in Munich from 22 - 25 July through our flagship Scholarship.
About the Leading Asia Scholarship:
Leading Asia is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Asia are represented at the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
Across the Asian continent, every state is confronted by a series of interdependent challenges. After years of prosperity and growth, the trade-war between China and USA may have transformative effects on the structure of the entire region. The 4IR is predicted to cause upheaval for industries that have sustained economies for decades. There has been a rapid rise of censorship across the South-East Asian region, increasingly in response to domestic instability. Improving the treatment of ethnic-minority groups remains an urgent priority. The region is chiefly responsible for extraordinary amounts of plastic pollution.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
What does Leading Asia Scholarship sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 25 July 2021.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2021, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible for Leading Asia sponsorship if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you over 18?
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Kazakhstan||Korea, Democratic People's Republic of||Korea, Republic of||Kyrgyzstan|
|Lao, People's Democratic Republic||Malaysia||Maldives||Mongolia|
The selection process:
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of September. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not One Young World Ambassadors)
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Asia selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED
What could the 'Leading Scholarship' mean for you?
Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
Learn more about what sets One Young World apart from other leadership forums here.