Are you a young leader from Europe? You could attend the One Young World 2021 Summit in Munich from 22 - 25 July through our flagship Scholarship.
About the Leading Europe Scholarship:
Leading Europe is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Europe are represented at One Young World Summits.
Europe finds itself at a crossroads. The environment is under threat despite the Green Deal at the forefront of Europe’s ambitions. The region is increasingly divided, with domestic upheavals and far-right, populist rhetoric espoused by the leaders of several European nations. The pressure of migration is still being felt across the continent. The bounds of media freedom are being tested as relationships between states and the press become more adversarial. Europe’s economic outlook is pessimistic amid widespread uncertainty in a post-Brexit era. The EU seeks to be at the heart of Fourth Industrial Revolution, but many European workforces are unprepared for the digital upheaval. Yet with the advancements in tech, medicine and energy, the future must be seen as bright.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in Munich.
What does the Leading Europe Scholarship sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 25 July 2021.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2021, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 - 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Azerbaijan||Belarus||Belgium||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Luxembourg||Malta||Moldova, Republic of||Monaco|
*This designation is without prejudice on positions of status.
The selection process:
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of September. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not One Young World Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Europe selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED
What could the ‘Leading Scholarship’ mean for you?
Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
Learn more about what sets One Young World apart from other leadership forums here.