Are you a young leader from The Middle East? You could attend the One Young World 2020 Summit in Munich from 14-17 October through our flagship Scholarship.
About the Leading The Middle East Scholarship:
The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
What does the Leading The Middle East sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship sponsorship if:
- Are between the ages of 18 - 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Afghanistan||Bahrain||Iran, Islamic Republic of||Iraq|
|Oman||Palestinian Territories*||Qatar||Saudi Arabia|
|Syrian Arab Republic||United Arab Emirates||Yemen|
*This designation is without prejudice on positions of status.
The selection process:
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team after if you have been shortlisted.
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not One Young World Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading The Middle East selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
Application Deadline: 8 April 2020
What could the 'Leading Scholarship' mean for you?
Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
Learn more about what sets One Young World apart from other leadership forums here.