One Young World’s newly established Local Organising Committee for Pakistan is proud to announce one Delegate scholarship place for an impactful young leader from Pakistan to attend the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, 4-7 October.
What does the scholarship include?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venues
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
- Post-Summit, all ‘Delegates’ become lifetime members of the One Young World Ambassador network which spans 196 countries with over 8,000 members.
Who can apply?
In order to apply you must:
- Aged 18 - 30
- A national of Pakistan
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in Pakistan. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Leadership ability and examples
- Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
- Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas
Application deadline 18 August
About the Pakistan NYLOC
One Young World has launched a global ‘Local Organising Committee’ model. Known as NYLOCs ( ‘National Young Leaders Organising Committees’) goals include:
- Mobilise business, government and civil society leadership to send a sizeable and dynamic national delegation to the Summit
- Engage with government structures and promote One Young World as a nationally recognised vehicle to promote the impact and contributions of young leaders
- Collaborate with regional ‘Coordinating Ambassadors’ to showcase alumni achievements and impact
- Advise OYW leadership on region or nation-specific content for the Summit
The One Young World NYLOC for Pakistan is chaired by Naila Mir. Naila has 16 years experience centered around sustainable business, corporate social responsibility, employee engagement, partnerships, and strategic communications. She recently established her own not-for-profit network, P3 Collective, to help young people achieve their purpose and collectively make an impact. Naila is a passionate champion of young leaders and is working hard to support bright young talent from Pakistan to participate in the upcoming One Young World Summit in Bogotá.