One Young World is proud to announce the 2020 Global Goals List, in partnership with Vanity Fair, has now been published. The annual list celebrates young leaders, Nobel Laureates, heads of government, Olympians, business leaders, and celebrity humanitarians who are building a better world.
The article features in the 2020 March edition of Vanity Fair UK and pays homage to some of the incredible One Young World Ambassadors and Counsellors working to achieve the United Nation’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The photoshoot took place during the annual One Young World 2019 Summit in London, UK from 22 - 25 October. The photographs were taken by Philip Sinden.
The honourees included in the Global Goals article are:
- SDG 1 Zero Poverty: First Lady of Colombia, Maria Juliana Ruiz
- SDG 2 Zero Hunger: Co-founder of SNAP, Anisha Godha
- SDG 3 Good Health and Well Being: Founder of Bioana, Andrea Siller
- SDG 4 Quality Education: Professor Thuli Madonsela
- SDG 5 Gender Equality: Actor and Activist, Nathalie Emmanuel
- SDG 6 Clean Water and Sanitation: Paralympic gold medallist, Ellie Simmonds OBE
- SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy: Oktoviano Gandhi, Co-founder of Alva Energi
- SDG 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth: North Korean Defector and Human Rights activist, Yeonmi Park
- SDG 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: CEO of Niantic, John Hanke
- SDG 10 Reduced Inequalities: Supermodel and activist, Halima Aden
- SDG 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities: Founder of Eco Tiles, Hope Wakio Mwanake
- SDG 12 Responsible Consumption and Production: Sky CEO, Jeremy Darroch
- SDG 13 Climate Action: Ellie Goulding
- SDG 14 Life Below Water: Sir Richard Branson
- SDG 15 Life on Land: Dr Jane Goodall
- SDG 16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: Actor and UNHCR supporter, Douglas Booth
- SDG 17 Partnership for the Goals: Chair of the Elders and former President of Ireland, Mary Robinson
Read & share the full article here.