We are delighted to announce that the 2021 Global Goals List has been published.
The Global Goals List is an annual collaboration release between One Young World and Vanity Fair. The list has been created in partnership with Vanity Fair to celebrate the leading lights working towards the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The list presents the most influential individuals, such as young leaders, heads of government, business leaders, and celebrity humanitarians who have contributed significantly towards one of the UN’s 17 goals for sustainable development.
The article appears in the July 2021 issue and features various One Young World Ambassadors and Counsellors who have advanced progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
After a tumultuous year that has made despondency seem unavoidable, Vanity Fair looks to the Global Goals List, created with One Young World to celebrate the leading lights working towards the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Sphere of Influence
The honourees included in the 2021 Global Goals List are:
- SDG 1: Zero Poverty - American Politician, Michael Tubbs
- SDG 2: Zero Hunger - Actor, Philanthropist and Entrepreneur, Joel Kinamen
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well-Being - Director-General of WHO, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- SDG 4: Quality Education - British Formula 1 Driver, Sir Lewis Hamilton MBE
- SDG 5: Gender Equality - Women’s Rights Activist, Loujain al-Hathloul
- SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation - Co-Founder of Tierra Grata, Jenifer Colpas
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy - C.E.O of Solisco, Parveen Begum
- SDG 8: Decent Work & Economic Growth - Disability Advocate and Co-Founder of STEMAccess, Kartik Sawhney
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - Ronan Dunne
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities - Founder of The Black Fund and ⅓ of Little Mix, Leigh-Anne Pinnock
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities - Environmental Activist, Yuriko Koike
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production - Founding Director of The Walk Free Foundation, Grace Forrest
- SDG 13: Climate Action - President of Costa Rica, Carlos Andrés Alvarado Quesada
- SDG 14: Life Below Water - Palauan politician, Thomas Esang Remengesau, Jr
- SDG 15: Life on Land - Founder of The #ProtectIhumātao Campaign, Pania Newton
- SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions - Youth Advocate and Activist, Thinzar Shunlei Yi
- SDG 17: Partnerships For The Goals - Diplomat and Pan-African Feminist, Aya Chebbi